felix-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Phillips <lcphill...@praxiseng.com>
Subject RE: telnetd discussion (ordering of bundles)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:27:39 GMT
Hi,

Well... it was the order of the bundles within the auto.start.1...  The telnetd.jar or telnetconsole.jar
bundle has to be the first entry (well, for me), ahead of shell and tui... When I put telnetd.jar
/ telnetconsole.jar last, well -- then I get a conflict...

For what it's worth, Craig

From: Craig Phillips
Sent: Thu 6/26/2008 1:10 PM
To: dev@felix.apache.org
Subject: RE: telnetd discussion

Hi,

I'm experiencing something weird in one newly created workspace/project, which is pretty much
a replica of others...

If I install any of the various telnet bundles, from the one below to the original telnetd
to the one-off I recreated from source, set up a sandbox to run (meaning, bin and bundle and
conf and cache directories and all items thereof), and run felix, here's the odd behavior:

- The bundles all seem to load and resolve, from what I can tell from stdout, almost... (note
I also use SCR)
- Until I hit a keystroke / enter key (such as 'ps'), the services are not promulgated
- At such time I hit a keystroke / enter key, then the services are propagated and telnetd
gets its shell service and SCR gets busy and any play-hello-world bundle I have gets it's
pax logger and away we go
- If I remove shell.tui from the mix ('er, auto.start.1), all the above is not necessary...
the services load, and telnetd (or telnet.console) and my hello-world bundles are all up and
running, services and the like

Now, I don't see this same behavior in other "sandboxes", just a newly created project I just
set up.. all I have is a hello world in it...

Obviously, I'm not asking anyone to diagnose my workspace or anything... All I'm asking is
whether someone has seen this before and if they remember the circumstances and what was the
fix...

I'm posting / replying to this thread because I think it is apropos to the discussion -- there
is obviously some sort of shell conflict with the shell.tui bundle, seemingly on the inputStream/outputStream/printStream,
but it's beyond my comprehension ATT...

Trying to narrow down the difference between this stock hello world app I just created could
take me a while...

For what it's worth, Craig