felix-dev mailing list archives

From Dieter Wimberger <die...@wimpi.net>
Subject Re: Web Console Configuration Admin
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:43:11 GMT
Felix:

Sorry for not being to responsive; I'll be presenting my final PhD
defense on Friday.
I'll take a look ASAP and report back to you.

Probably it would be good to have a clear statement as to whether the
standard specifications (Service Compendium,
104.7.2) implicitly assume that using one of the two methods "to
create a new instance of a Managed Service Factory" automatically
implies that the created Configuration instance "exists" in the
meaning of "existence" as used in 104.7.3.

If it is the case, it should probably be added to externalize it (i.e.
explicitly mention it in 104.7.2) and as soon as (or if?) I figure out
the Bugzilla nightmare at Eclipse, I'll report an issue.

Meanwhile I'll continue "porting" to Felix; things like this are
pretty unobvious "containerisms" that make it harder than it actually
should be.

Regards,
Dieter