felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Bhaskar Maddala" <madda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching class spaces - noob
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 15:19:56 GMT
Got it thank you, all I care about is bundle 15 (for now at least), do
not see why I care about the jar (since we are not using fragments at
this time, using the bundle id should be sufficient).

That will be all for now, until I get stuck again ;)

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> Bhaskar Maddala wrote:
>>
>> Richard : I am not entirely certain I understand the distinction
>> between logical bundle and physical JAR (I get physical JAR but have
>> no idea what a logical bundle means - noob in subject). As a second
>> attempt in case I find the information I get from public classes to be
>> insufficient, I might try to do the "lot of not easy calculations",
>> would you (or anyone else) care to point me to resources I can look up
>> to understand what would need to be done.
>>

> Do you want to know that org.foo.FooClass comes from Bundle 15 (i.e., the
> installed bundle with bundle ID 15) or do you want to know that it came from
> /home/myhome/.felix/myprofile/bundle15/version0.0/bundle.jar ?
>
> -> richard
>
>> Thanks
>> Bhaskar
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Also, I guess my answer depends on what you mean by "location". If by
>>> "location" you mean the actual provider (i.e., the logical bundle) of the
>>> class or you mean the physical JAR file in the system. The former would
>>> be
>>> possible (but with a lot of not easy calculations), the latter would not