felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Bhaskar Maddala" <madda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching class spaces - noob
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:49:34 GMT
Thank you Niclas and Richard for the responses.

Niclas : I think for the initial attempt I think I would like to have
the public classes (Exported/Imported packages), and I can code
something that retrieves this from PackageAdmin, that should solve 80%
of my requirements.

Richard : I am not entirely certain I understand the distinction
between logical bundle and physical JAR (I get physical JAR but have
no idea what a logical bundle means - noob in subject). As a second
attempt in case I find the information I get from public classes to be
insufficient, I might try to do the "lot of not easy calculations",
would you (or anyone else) care to point me to resources I can look up
to understand what would need to be done.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 June 2008 04:44, Bhaskar Maddala wrote:
>>> Question : Does anyone know of a way to search class spaces for the
>>> location (bundle/jar file) from which a specified class is being
>>> loaded?
>> If you are talking about Exported/Imported (i.e. public classes) packages,
>> then you should be able to retrieve that info very easily from the Package
>> Admin service.
>> For private packages, the answer from Richard seems to reflect(!) reality,
>> and will be framework dependent.
> Also, I guess my answer depends on what you mean by "location". If by
> "location" you mean the actual provider (i.e., the logical bundle) of the
> class or you mean the physical JAR file in the system. The former would be
> possible (but with a lot of not easy calculations), the latter would not be
> possible in a standard way.
> -> richard

View raw message