felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Re: UPnP Base Driver issue Was: FW: Information about Cyberlink 1.80
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:47:09 GMT
Jackson, Bruce wrote:
> Hi Stefano
> I'll post the XML on Monday, but in answer to your question:
> Looking at the code the id should never be empty, because the function
> is called as follow:
>         String localId = new
> StringBuffer(id).append("/device/").append(i).toString();
>          buildDevice(localId,devUPnP,aux[0]);
> and as you can see the localId can't be an empty String.
> ... The point that I was making was that if you follow this function back:
> public static Device createCyberLinkDevice(ServiceReference sr)
>     private static Device buildRootDeviceNode(Node root,ServiceReference sr)
>         addDevices("",devUPnP,sr);
> You find that the empty string is passed in whenever a new root device is created. Is
this correct?

Yes, it is

> This means that every device will have a localId  starting /device/

Yes it's true but it will happen only for the embeeded device not for
the root device, because it is constructed without invoking the method
buildDevice(...) in fact the description URL of the root device has the
following format "http://" + <hostname> + ":" + <portnumber> "/gen-desc.xml"

View raw message