felix-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject UPnP Base Driver issue Was: FW: Information about Cyberlink 1.80
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:29:33 GMT
Jackson, Bruce wrote:
> We are experiencing a problem, when trying to build a ContentDirectory which can be seen
by an Xbox 360.
> We are aware that the Xbox uses a "modified" UPnP implementation, and having taken this
into account, the Xbox can see the UPnP device, (that is, it requests the device description
xml) but never does anything else. Thus, we believe that there is something we have set incorrectly
in the device xml.
> In order to debug this problem, we have a correct xml capture from a Windows Media Center
which does work with the Xbox. We realised from this, that we could not make our ContentDirectory
"look like" the MS media center, because the device xml/service/event URLs are machine generated,
and cannot be prefixed by the ID field.

Can you post the XML section that you are referring to of the captured XML?

> I don't actually think this is the problem, but I was wondering why the id field is ignored,
rather than being prefixed, since the method:
> private static void buildDevice(String id,Device parent, ServiceReference sr) actually
contains the line:
> devUPnP.setLocation(id+"/gen-desc.xml");
> ... But the calling function only passes an empty String as id.

Looking at the code the id should never be empty, because the function 
is called as follow:
	String localId = new 
and as you can see the localId can't be an empty String.

BTW, inspecting again the code it seems to me that either the line:
inside the method buildDevice should be removed. I can't perform any 
test now so if you want to remove those line from the method and check 
if something changes.

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

View raw message