felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Telnet bundle
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:32:31 GMT
Dieter Wimberger wrote:
> Actually I am the author of the project, so we can discuss it right
> here; and if you are interested, I guess we can also manage to release
> it under Apache 2 license (except the external SSH library, which is
> under a BSD license).

Interesting. Didn't know you were here. :-)

> A first note I have is, that there is actually an OSGi port that I did
> myself, which is in the SVN repository on SourceForge:
> http://telnetd.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/telnetd/

When you say "an OSGi port", what exactly do you mean?

> A question we should discuss is, if there are limits sought with
> regards to the runtime environment, because the codebase is Java 2 now
> (may be backportable, though).

Good question. I would certainly like to have a version that would work
with older/smaller Java platforms. However, we don't require that all
Felix subprojects work on Java platforms, it just makes them more useful
if they can be...

-> richard

> Regards,
> Dieter
> On 23 Jun 2008, at 10:53, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>> I have been meaning to ask about this for a while (perhaps I already
>> did), is there any interest in bring the old telnet bundle into
>> Felix? I still use this bundle occasionally. It is dependent upon
>> telnetd, which is released under BSD (I see there is now telnetd2,
>> which is still under a BSD-like license). So, it seems do-able.
>> Thoughts?
>> -> richard

View raw message