felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Searching class spaces - noob
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 04:12:48 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Thursday 05 June 2008 04:44, Bhaskar Maddala wrote:
>> Question : Does anyone know of a way to search class spaces for the
>> location (bundle/jar file) from which a specified class is being
>> loaded?
> If you are talking about Exported/Imported (i.e. public classes) packages,
> then you should be able to retrieve that info very easily from the Package
> Admin service.
> For private packages, the answer from Richard seems to reflect(!) reality, and
> will be framework dependent.

Also, I guess my answer depends on what you mean by "location". If by
"location" you mean the actual provider (i.e., the logical bundle) of
the class or you mean the physical JAR file in the system. The former
would be possible (but with a lot of not easy calculations), the latter
would not be possible in a standard way.

-> richard

View raw message