felix-dev mailing list archives

From Dieter Wimberger <die...@wimpi.net>
Subject Re: Telnet bundle
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:26:46 GMT

Actually I am the author of the project, so we can discuss it right
here; and if you are interested, I guess we can also manage to release
it under Apache 2 license (except the external SSH library, which is
under a BSD license).

A first note I have is, that there is actually an OSGi port that I did
myself, which is in the SVN repository on SourceForge:

A question we should discuss is, if there are limits sought with
regards to the runtime environment, because the codebase is Java 2 now
(may be backportable, though).

On 23 Jun 2008, at 10:53, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have been meaning to ask about this for a while (perhaps I already
> did), is there any interest in bring the old telnet bundle into
> Felix? I still use this bundle occasionally. It is dependent upon
> telnetd, which is released under BSD (I see there is now telnetd2,
> which is still under a BSD-like license). So, it seems do-able.
> Thoughts?
> -> richard

View raw message