felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web Console Configuration Admin
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:44:10 GMT
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 17.06.2008, 14:36 -0500 schrieb Dieter Wimberger:
> Felix:
>
> I have checked against the HEAD on svn, and it seems to me as if it
> works properly.
>
> If I may, I would suggest a small improvement to the visualization:

Sure ... I don't think we have yet found the best visualization...

> At the moment it is very difficult to realize which instance one is
> editing.

Yes, I thought about listing the PID of the configuration shown as a
title -- instead or in addition to the current title.

>  I would suggest to:
> 1. retain the selection (marking the corresponding Configuration
> option as selected); and maybe

Yes, this would certainly be an option.

> 2. clearly separate the selectors and show the configuration
> information before the form.

The problem here is, that the configuration form might be quite big.
Thus looking for the configuration selectors at the end of the page
might become tedious.

I was thinking along the lines of changing the display similar to the
way the licenses are displayed: We have the list of (factory)
configurations on the left hand side and have the currently selected
configuration on the right hand side.

> Thanks and keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the feedback. It is this, which helps us going this way ;-)

Regards
Felix