felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Encouraging contributions
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:05:20 GMT
Hello everyone.

At ApacheCon EU, Karl, Marcel, and I were discussing how we need to make
it easier for potential contributors to discover what they can do to get
involved. We decided at a minimum we should have a top-level page that
points out needed contribution areas. To that end, I have created the
following page (now linked off the top-level menu):

The page is very simple...and is currently manually generated. Thus,
this should be seen as a starting point. (For example, I could imagine
that we could possibly add some way of tagging JIRA issues for the
contribution page so that we could automatically generate it with the
appropriate issues; however, that is not necessary now.)

I have added a few issues to this page already, but it would be nice if
people could add more issues (either new or existing) that you think are
important or good starting points for new contributors. We don't want to
overwhelm people with options, but we want to have enough variety to
spark interest.

-> richard

View raw message