felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: FELIX-510 exploited a side issue OSGi R4.1 packages
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:44:33 GMT
On 07/03/2008, Stefano Lenzi <kismet@interfree.it> wrote:

> See comments below..
>

> Richard S. Hall wrote:
> > Well, I was wondering about this too, but I think if there is an impact,
> > we can just make the impacted subprojects depend on the already released
> > version of compendium until they are made compatible with the newest
> > version. I think that should work.
> >
> > -> richard
>

> Before updating the current compendium we have to release it as 1.0.1 to
> allow people to:
>   - Use it with JDK 1.3 (FELIX-486)
>   - Remove static import which require extra bundle on JDK 1.3 (FELIX-488)
>
> Also, releasing compendium as 1.0.1 is required for releasing felix-1.0.4
>
> Finally which version should we use for the compendium matching OSGi R4.1?
> I propose from now on to use the following schema:
> <osgi-version>-<felix packaging version>
> For example: the current 1.0.0 will become 4.0.0-000, the next
> compendium release linked to R4 will be released as 4.0.0-001, and
> finally the compdium linked to R4.1 will be released as 4.1.0-000

+1 for using <osgi-spec-version>-<felix-maintenance-version>
imho it's much clearer to have the OSGi spec version up front

Do you agree or should we use 1.2.0 as next stable release for
> compendium? (Should I call a vote?)

why not, it's the sort of change we should get consensus for

NOTE: If you agree with the new release schema we should change the

--
Cheers, Stuart