felix-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Moloney <t.molo...@verizon.net>
Subject Felix hangs when loading org.apache.felix.log and org.apache.felix.eventadmin bundles
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 02:39:49 GMT
I run Felix in Eclipse with a custom config.properties file that
autostarts a few bundles.  If I include both org.apache.felix.log and
org.apache.felix.eventadmin in felix.auto.start.1, Felix hangs.  If I
remove either org.apache.felix.log or org.apache.felix.eventadmin or
both, everything works fine.

I've attached an example project that has an Activator class that simply
prints when its bundle is started and stopped.  If I autostart both
org.apache.felix.log and org.apache.felix.eventadmin, the example bundle
doesn't print its start message and the shell bundle doesn't display
prompts when hitting <enter>.  Again, i f I remove either
org.apache.felix.log or org.apache.felix.eventadmin or both, everything
works fine.

If I run from the command line, it will work most of the time, however,
it will occasionally fail in the same way.  It appears to be the same
problem but somehow running Felix inside Eclipse exacerbates the problem.

The attached project includes a README file that describes *exactly* how
to demonstrate the problem.

Can anyone provide some suggestions to help me get this amazingly simple
task working properly?

Thanks,
  Tim