felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject FELIX-510 exploited a side issue OSGi R4.1 packages
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 17:19:31 GMT
Hi All,

The issue FELIX-510 is related to the deploymentadmin bundle which is an
implementation of the Deployment Admin Specification defined in the OSGI
R4.1 Compendium document. At the moment the deploymentadmin bundle
contains, in its source folder, all the new API defined by the OSGi R4.1
which are not contained in any other Felix bundle.

I think that new API should be moved elsewhere and in particular the
natural cradle are the o.a.f.:org.osgi.compendium and
o.a.f:org.osgi.core bundles.

Moving the new classes to compendium or core it will require releasing a
new version of those bundle. Regarding that I think that we should
change the version schema used for the core and compendium bundle. I
think that the best version schema for the version schema adopted by the
Felix Common subproject.

What do you think?

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

View raw message