felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Alin Dreghiciu" <adreghi...@gmail.com>
Subject Status and future of bundle repository
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:07:58 GMT
Hy guys,

Can you please give me some information about the status of rfc-122
and it's Felix implementation org.apache.felix.bundlerepository?
The "problems" I see with the released 1.0.0 is that it uses
System.out (shouldn't wise logging), discover resources fails with a
NPE on an invalid filter syntax and is a kind of slow on parsing the
repository xml even under not such a big repository like the one from
osgi alliance (how this will scale on large repository or federation
of repositories). I can raise jura issues and maybe some patches but
it will be interesting to know first what the future looks like for
OBR.

And related, is there any other repository then the one from osgi
alliance and the oscar one? As I see now the one from oscar does not
have to many bundles and the one from osgi alliance looks like
outdated and has corrupted data (invalid syntax)

Kind regards,
Alin Dreghiciu