felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Alin Dreghiciu" <adreghi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] release org.osgi.service.obr 1.0.1
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:38:56 GMT

Shouldn't org.osgi.service.obr be a bundle not a plain jar? I know
that is included into org.apache.felix.bundlerepository bundle but why
it should not be a stand alone bundle?

Something related (maybe) is that org.apache.felix.bundlerepository:
1. exports org.osgi.service.obr package without a version. shouldn't be 1.0.0?
2. the maven pom has dependencies on a couple of artifacts that are
inlined in bundlerepository bundle. Shouldn't this marked as
<optional> so when I will have a dependency on it those inlined
dependencies will not be pulled in as the necessary packages are
already present?

On Feb 1, 2008 5:58 PM, Stuart McCulloch <stuart.mcculloch@jayway.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've compiled a minor fix to the "org.osgi.service.obr" sub-project.
> This fixes a problem I discovered recently where the ${pom.groupId}
> field in the dependency list was being interpreted wrongly by Maven
> when using the OBR plugin with a parameter of -DgroupId=example
> To see this in action, try the following command:
>    mvn org.apache.felix:maven-obr-plugin:1.0.0:install-file-DgroupId=example
> and you'll see it complain about "example:org.osgi.core:jar:1.0.0"
> ( Maven uses the -DgroupId value instead of the pom's groupId! )
> While this is obviously a bug in Maven, we have to support users on
> older versions, like 2.0.5, so it's safer to fix this by changing the pom
> to use an explicit value instead of the groupId property.
> ( note that so far I've only seen this occur with plugin dependencies )
> The 1.0.1 release candidate is available here, along with the KEYS:
> http://people.apache.org/~mcculls/releases/felix/org.osgi.service.obr/
> Please check the release and cast your votes! (vote will run for 72hrs)
> --
> Cheers, Stuart

View raw message