felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: OBR error with scm://
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:21:37 GMT
On 15/02/2008, Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> When using the maven-obr-plugin, the bundle description contains the
> source
> location. However in our case the SCM location is set to
> scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk.
>
> (For instance :
> <source>scm:svn:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/org.osgi.com
> pendium</source>)
>

> So when I use the OBR with the generated file, I have several :
>
> java.net.MalformedURLException: Unknown protocol: scm
>
>       at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
>       at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
>       at
> org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ResourceImpl.convertURItoURL
> (ResourceImpl.
> java:223)
>
>       at
> org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ResourceImpl.getProperties(
> ResourceImpl.ja
> va:86)
>
>       at
> org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.RepositoryAdminImpl.discoverResources
> (Repo
> sitoryAdminImpl.java:154)
>
>       at
> org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ObrCommandImpl.list(ObrCommandImpl.java
> :24
> 2)
>
>       at
> org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.ObrCommandImpl.execute(
> ObrCommandImpl.java
> :102)
>
>       at
> org.apache.felix.shell.impl.Activator$ShellServiceImpl.executeCommand
> (Activa
> tor.java:265)
>
>       at
> org.apache.felix.shell.tui.Activator$ShellTuiRunnable.run(Activator.java
> :167
> )
>
>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> In fact, OBR works, as the exception is ignored and is just printed.
>

> The SCM connection is used instead of the SCM url. However, in the actual
> code of the maven-obr-plugin, it seems to be the correct method :
>
>         {
>
>             String src = null;
>
>             if ( project.getScm() != null )
>
>             {
>
>                 src = project.getScm().getUrl();

looking at the generated modello source for Scm, it looks like this will
just return the value from the pom.xml, ie. still with the scm: scheme,
so additional code is required to extract the underlying URL.

( I assume you want the "https://..." address in the repository.xml file )

could you open a JIRA issue for this, and attach an example pom?

            }

--
Cheers, Stuart