felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: bundleplugin 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:56:46 GMT
On 02/02/2008, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2008 5:41 PM, Stuart McCulloch <stuart.mcculloch@jayway.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I've deployed a new 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT of the bundleplugin with Peter's
> improved
> > "uses:" support...
> >
> >  1)  generated "uses:" clause no longer include implementation packages
>
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong - but the uses are still there but the
> version number no longer is.

Correct - by default the "uses:" clause will still be there, except it now
won't
include any private packages (ie. packages that aren't imported or exported)
which it did previously.  What's left are the correct set of used packages.

To remove the "uses:" clause completely you need to set -nouses to true:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        <version>1.2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <configuration>
          <instructions>
            <_nouses>true</_nouses>
            <!-- etc. -->
          </instructions>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Regarding the missing version, I've just fixed that - it only occurs when
you
don't set Private-Package (I moved some setup code so it would also work
with included files, and it needs an additional check to stop it altering
the
exports that were just loaded).

I've deployed a new snapshot (1.2.1-20080202.145318-5) with this fix.

Niall

--
Cheers, Stuart