felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject [Vote] release org.osgi.service.obr 1.0.1
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:58:31 GMT
Hi folks,

I've compiled a minor fix to the "org.osgi.service.obr" sub-project.

This fixes a problem I discovered recently where the ${pom.groupId}
field in the dependency list was being interpreted wrongly by Maven
when using the OBR plugin with a parameter of -DgroupId=example

To see this in action, try the following command:

   mvn org.apache.felix:maven-obr-plugin:1.0.0:install-file-DgroupId=example

and you'll see it complain about "example:org.osgi.core:jar:1.0.0"
( Maven uses the -DgroupId value instead of the pom's groupId! )

While this is obviously a bug in Maven, we have to support users on
older versions, like 2.0.5, so it's safer to fix this by changing the pom
to use an explicit value instead of the groupId property.

( note that so far I've only seen this occur with plugin dependencies )

The 1.0.1 release candidate is available here, along with the KEYS:

http://people.apache.org/~mcculls/releases/felix/org.osgi.service.obr/

Please check the release and cast your votes! (vote will run for 72hrs)

--
Cheers, Stuart