felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock in Felix
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:17:42 GMT
> On Saturday 02 February 2008 08:20, Karl Pauls wrote:
> > So would it be acceptable to deliver log calls asynchronously? If so I
> > can probably make that change quickly ...
> For now, the immediate problem solved by changing framework loglevel to INFO.

> Later on, I think I'll change Pax Logging to move all incoming requests (log
> and config) to its own thread to prevent the whole issue all together.

Good - so we don't have to hurry. However, do you (and others) think
it is acceptable to deliver log events asynchronously or at least
later then the actual point they occur? We have the eventdispatching
thread around anyways and I think it should be doable to use it to
deliver events. But I will only spend time looking into this if the
general opinion is that it is worthwhile ...

> Cheers
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Karl Pauls