felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Bundle cache modifications
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:02:51 GMT

I just committed some refactoring to the module layer in Felix, which
resulted in some fairly major refactoring of the bundle cache. I tried
to be mindful of backwards compatibility, but your mileage may vary.
Please let me know if you run into any issues.

In short, I modified the module layer to provide more generic access to
module content, so that our module layer can be more flexible.

For example, previously the bundle class path was computed by the bundle
cache and it was assumed to only be comprised of content from a single
module. This was bad for two main reasons: 1) the cache shouldn't know
how to interpret bundle metadata/content, that should take place in the
module layer and 2) the bundle class path must be able to span multiple
modules in order to support fragments.

At any rate, both of these issues are now resolved. I anticipate
additional changes will be necessary to the bundle cache with respect to
native libraries, but for now I am ignoring those issues.

-> richard

View raw message