felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Creating a javax.xml bundle (FELIX-488)
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:10:12 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to create a bundle which contains only the javax.xml APIs
as we did for javax.servelet. In fact, at the moment, you can't install
the org.osgi.compendium bundle on a JDK 1.3 because javax.xml APIs are
missing. The creation of a javax.xml bundle which will mostly used by
JDK1.3 people will fill the gap.

As reported on JIRA, I know that under commons we have xml-apis which
exports the javax.xml APIs but it also implements the APIs thus it ends
up to be huge in size for embedded system point of view which are,
probably, the nowadays device running JDK 1.3.

WDYT?

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi