felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Deadlock in Felix
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:32:38 GMT
On Monday 11 February 2008 16:17, Karl Pauls wrote:
> However, do you (and others) think
> it is acceptable to deliver log events asynchronously or at least
> later then the actual point they occur?

If you are only worried about Pax Logging case, then you need to do nothing.
The locking in Log4J is severe enough for us to consider it "our problem" and
I will probably later in the week do the "buffering" for you, which will be
in proper order.

I am not sure if there are any other Log Services out there, which will have
similar problems.

The broader concern probably still remains; Should the framework have any
locks in place when calling outside itself, whether being log message, events
or callbacks? The spec is pretty silent about it, and I have no clue how
Felix measure up against the others on this point. But I think it is a valid
question to ask both here and to the spec guys.

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug