felix-dev mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Is the bundle-version available for use in other plugins?
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:52:25 GMT

> I'm not aware of a way to publish/push properties from one plugin to
> another.  ie. if we change the properties in the project model at
> runtime I don't believe other plugins would see these changes (I may
> be wrong)

I think you're probably right, but I was hoping there was a simple
solution I didn't know about...:-)

> also changing/adding properties via a plugin could make the build less
> stable because you'd get different results depending on which plugins
> ran during the build cycle (ie. compare "mvn clean install" to "mvn
> install" on a built project)

Yes... I'm always somewhat unsure of what the different properties mean
when running a project on a multi project, and especially when doing
"clean install" on a multiproject.

> yes, unfortunately 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT is not a valid OSGi version string.

Yes, I know.

> FYI, there is a Maven shared component to convert between Maven and
> OSGi:

>    <groupId>org.apache.maven.shared</groupId>
>    <artifactId>maven-osgi</artifactId>
>    <version>0.2.0</version>

Hm... I can't seem to find any information about it on the web...?

> but to use it you'd have to either patch the dependency plugin... or
> possibly you could access it by using some scripting extension like
> groovy/beanshell to do the copying.

Hm... both sound a bit complex.

> The other solution is to use the antrun plugin to tweak the files
> afterwards (ie. use the move task to change files ending -SNAPSHOT to

That's a possibility.  Perhaps I can use it to lose the entire
<destFileName> settings, whose only purpose right now is to change the
"-" in the artifact to "_" to match the PDE target platform's

Or perhaps not?  Having the <destFileName> there allows a later change
of the groupId and artifactId together to make up the
bundle-symbolicname (right now we have just groupId as the

But I'll try it for fixing SNAPSHOT for now.

Thanx, Stuart!

- Steinar

View raw message