felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Alin Dreghiciu" <adreghi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Look at migration to more recent Jetty version (FELIX-55)
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 02:22:38 GMT

I hope you do not get me wrong here but still have to ask. Does it
worth reinventing the wheel? Pax Web is already built based on jetty6
ad is ASLv2. Maybe I is good to have the Felix http service remain on
Jetty so the we get a wider selection, and spend the effort if
possible on improving Pax Web in regards to Jetty 6.

Anyhow, Felx if you need support on Jetty 6 just let me know.

On Jan 8, 2008 6:44 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I took a stab at migrating the http.jetty bundle to a more recent Jetty
> version. For the moment I took Jetty 5.1.12, because it is said to be
> supporting back to JDK 1.2 whereas Jetty 6.1 is supported for JDK 1.4
> and higher only.
> After reading the issue again, I started working on Jetty 6 integration
> - it takes some time to grock the details, but I think, I am coming
> closer :-)
> One point with Jetty 6 is, that it requires Java 1.4 or higher and
> Servlet API 2.5. This would of course "disable" support for older VMs.
> Of course, this migrated http.jetty bundle would not be working with the
> older servlet.api bundle any more.
> Richard OTOH seems to be working on a lightweight implementation still
> supporting 1.2. So I could imagine, that we could be going forward with
> two versions: The most modern Jetty 6 based one and the most-lightweight
> one by Richard.
> WDYT ?
> Regards
> Felix