felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: [Vote Result] release maven-obr-plugin 1.0.0
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:45:12 GMT
On 11/01/2008, Stuart McCulloch <stuart.mcculloch@jayway.net> wrote:

> > The vote for releasing 1.0.0 of the maven-obr-plugin sub-project has
> > passed successfully
> > with +1 votes from Richard S. Hall, Carsten Ziegeler, Stuart McCulloch,
> > Felix Meschberger,
> > Karl Pauls, and Clement Escoffier
> >
> > I'll upload the release today - unfortunately, I'll need to make another
> > release because
> > a colleague has just found that there's a bug in the maven-obr-plugin's
> > VersionRange
> > class where it doesn't handle version strings surrounded by quotes (") -
> > it's a minor fix
>

> sorry, that reasoning wasn't quite correct - the actual issue is with the
> following string:
>
>    version="[1.0.0, 2.0.0)"
>
> and it appears the extra space causes the parsing to fail - still needs a
> fix though :(

FYI, I've fixed this under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-456

this isn't a major issue, as people can remove the whitespace manually,
so I think I'll press ahead with getting the bundleplugin release ready and
come back to this later on...

We only just noticed this as Bnd now properly quotes version strings with

--
Cheers, Stuart