felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: Running Eclipse plugin bundles under Felix
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:45:39 GMT
On 08/01/2008, Rajini Sivaram <rajinisivaram@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Rajini,

I was trying to get Apache Tuscany SDO implementation to run under Felix,
> and found that it had dependencies on EMF, which is built as Eclipse
> plugins. The bundle manifest entries of the EMF jars use Require-Bundle of
> org.eclipse.core.runtime, which in turn requires Equinox. Since I want to
> run SDO under Felix (as well as Equinox), I would like to find some way of
> running EMF jars under OSGi without requiring Eclipse. I think the classes
> loaded from the Eclipse runtime relate to Plugin classes, which are used
> (extended) by the bundle activator for EMF.
>
> At the moment, I am modifying the EMF jars on the fly to remove the
> Require-Bundle and Bundle-Activator entries from the manifest file before
> installing the jars in Felix. Is there a better way to run EMF (or other
> Eclipse plugins which provide reusable classes) under a non-Equinox OSGi
> environment without installing Eclipse? I would ideally like to have a
> single EMF jar file which supports both Equinox and Felix.
>
> Suggestions?

for now I think modifying the EMF jars is the easiest solution - ideally the
EMF
team will remove the Require-Bundle in a future release, which looks hopeful
given the recent responses to the osgi-dev list...

Thank you...

--
Cheers, Stuart