felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: Multi-project build is unusable
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:47:14 GMT
On 08/01/2008, Herko ter Horst <herko@terhorst.net> wrote:

> > that's already done by using profiles - the bundleplugin is built
> separate
> > to the projects that use it
>
> Ok, then maybe pluginManagement should be done per profile as well
> (don't know if that's possible?).
>
> Regardless, I think the current parent pom is starting to show "God
> object(*)" symptoms... It might be wise to create a deeper hierachy (or
> separate parallel hierarchies) so each of the current profiles can get
> their own parent pom (each of which can have a shared parent which is
> essentially a significantly reduced version of the current parent).

true, we could separate the current parent pom into
several poms which inherit from the parent, such as:

   trunk/poms/pom.xml
   trunk/poms/bundle/pom.xml
   trunk/poms/plugins/pom.xml
   ...etc...

and use the appropriate parent in each sub-project
- the ant script could then call each parent to build
the various modules, rather than use profiles

but we'd like to keep the main sub-project tree flat
where possible (ie. no deep nesting of sub-projects)

Herko

--
Cheers, Stuart