felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Configuration
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:45:17 GMT
On Jan 8, 2008 7:46 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> I just found out that profile inheritance in maven is not implemented by
> design [1].
> And this means that the "release" profile in our parent pom is useless
> as you can't apply it to a sub project. It seems that most other
> projects at Apache have a similar configuration, so I'm wondering if
> there is any trick to get it working?

The only problem we've had in Apache Commons with using a "release"
profile in our parent pom is that when the release plugin calls other
plugins it doesn't pass on the "arguments" specifying the profile
which means that the called plugin doesn't use the profile. To resolve
that you can also specify the profile as an "arguments" parameter -
for example:

   mvn -Prelease -Darguments="-Prelease" release:perform

Alternatively you can configure the arguments for the release-plugin
in the profile (which is what we've done in commons):

Niall