felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing the javax.servlet release
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:56:25 GMT
On Jan 4, 2008 3:21 PM, Lucas Galfaso <lgalfaso@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Apologies as I don't know the history and may say something stupid,
> > but I'm wondering why you have a servlet implementation in your
> > repository? Wouldn't it be better to do what you have done with
> > Commons and just re-package an existing open source implementation
> > such as Tomcat or Geronimo? As well as not maintaining/duplicating
> > code here you can then just take the lead from their notice and
> > license files.
> This is not an implementation, just the interfaces. Anyhow Felix does
> provide an implementation and it is based on Jetty (but this is not
> the bundle from the original mail in question.)

My use of implementation was confusing - but the links I posted
pointed to the Servlet API jars which is what felix has (and they're
not just interfaces) - anyway Carsten pointing out it requires Servlet
2.1 which (I assume) is not available anywhere at the ASF explains why
its here in felix.

> Lucas
> > Niall

View raw message