felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Felix 1.0.2 framework and main release as well as bundlerepository 1.0.1 release
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:28:51 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>> sorry: -1 for 1.0.2, as unfortunately I found an issue when running RAT:
>>    framework-1.0.2
>> /src/main/java/org/apache/felix/framework/util/CompoundEnumeration.java
> Crap. I had originally added the header to that file, but I did a revert
> and a re-apply of the patch and forgot to do it again.
>> is lacking a license header ...also, should this properties file have a
>> license header?
>>    framework-1.0.2
>> /src/main/resources/org/apache/felix/framework/Felix.properties
> We never have and since this only has the version number in it, I don't
> think it can be construed as being in any way creative, so I don't think
> it needs a license header.
> I guess we will have to see what Karl wants to do about the above.
I agree that the missing header for the properties file is not that
important (however we should add it for future releases). But I think
the missing header in the source code is an issue. We've been very picky
about releases in the past (which is good) and I don't see a reason
why we should make an exception here.

So, I vote -1 as well - let's fix this issue and recut a 1.0.3 release.

Carsten Ziegeler

View raw message