felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Felix 1.0.2 framework and main release as well as bundlerepository 1.0.1 release
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:15:57 GMT
Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> On 28/01/2008, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to call a vote on the framework and main 1.0.2 as well as
>> on the bundlerepository 1.0.1
>> release.  The source release archives, signature files, SHA and MD5
>> message digests for each are available as zip and tar.gz here:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~pauls/felix-1.0.2.html
>>
>> Additionally, a binary release is included on the page as a
>> convenience download as well as the framework, main, and
>> bundlerepository binaries and poms in
>> order to make them available via maven.
>>
>> Please vote to approve these release archives:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the Felix 1.0.2 framework and main releases as well as
>> the bundlerepository 1.0.1 release.
>>

> sorry: -1 for 1.0.2, as unfortunately I found an issue when running RAT:
>
>    framework-1.0.2
> /src/main/java/org/apache/felix/framework/util/CompoundEnumeration.java

Crap. I had originally added the header to that file, but I did a revert
and a re-apply of the patch and forgot to do it again.

> is lacking a license header ...also, should this properties file have a
> license header?
>
>    framework-1.0.2
> /src/main/resources/org/apache/felix/framework/Felix.properties

We never have and since this only has the version number in it, I don't
think it can be construed as being in any way creative, so I don't think
it needs a license header.

I guess we will have to see what Karl wants to do about the above.

-> richard