felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Preparing the org.osgi.foundation release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:10:03 GMT
Stefano Lenzi wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply. I know that we have almost released the
> artifact, but I want to clarify that my idea wasn't to change the
> source but only to packaged them in way such that the artifact's user
> may distinguish between different OSGi profile (CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1
> and OSGi/Minimum-1.1) and version. Also I would like to use the same
> version number used by the OSGi Specification, so in our case 1.1.0
> instead of 1.0.0.

Sounds reasonable...for the release, however, we only need the
foundation profile, so we can probably just go with that, but in the
future we can look into it. Please come up with a proposal.

> The org.osgi.foundation could be also used for checking during the
> compilation phase which bundle are require only the EE defined by OSGi
> and which bundle require standard JRE.

Yes, I would definitely like to do this...we have talked about it
before, but I am not sure anyone knows how to modify our pom file to
make it happen.

-> richard