felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Re: Preparing the org.osgi.foundation release
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 15:24:01 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Lucas Galfaso wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Would it be possible to upgrade org.osgi.foundation to
>> CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1? This change would make it possible to use this
>> execution environment to compile Felix.
> We are using the source provided by the OSGi Alliance, so we are not
> free to just change it to whatever we want. This is the Foundation
> execution environment supported by the OSGi Alliance. The best we can do
> is update to the latest source made available for R4.1.

Sorry for the late reply. I know that we have almost released the
artifact, but I want to clarify that my idea wasn't to change the source
but only to packaged them in way such that the artifact's user may
distinguish between different OSGi profile (CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1 and
OSGi/Minimum-1.1) and version. Also I would like to use the same version
number used by the OSGi Specification, so in our case 1.1.0 instead of

> The main purpose for us having this in the repo is so that we can use
> the compendium classes, which have some dependencies on it.

The org.osgi.foundation could be also used for checking during the
compilation phase which bundle are require only the EE defined by OSGi
and which bundle require standard JRE.

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

View raw message