felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Preparing the javax.servlet release
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 17:11:43 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just looked into javax.servlet module in order to have a first 1.0.0
> release. I fixed the dependencies to released versions and compared the
> result. They are identical, so we *could* release javax.servlet.
>
> The only missing things are the notice and licence files. Any suggestion
> on these onese?

This was one of the issues, although I am not sure why it is an issue,
but it was raised by someone a long time ago in incubation.

BJ Hargrave donated this code, which he said was just a hacked version
of some Tomcat code downgraded to servlet 2.1. So, from my point of view
we shouldn't have any issues here, but someone thought there was...I
can't remember off hand.

At any rate, I think it should just be Apache licensed and Apache
copyrighted in the notice file.

-> richard