felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: JcrInstall
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:29:00 GMT
Agreed. It doesn't make sense to merge if they don't fit, but if there
could be some common abstraction of observables that we could easily use
to integrate these two sources and possibly others in the future, then
it would be cool. Different observable implementations could be
delivered as bundles, thus not coupling things together. Sounds cool. ;-)

Even if we decide to keep the completely abstract, it seems like it
might be worthwhile to make their APIs as similar as possible, if not an
abstract API framework that could server as a model for people wanting
to create similar functionality for other sources. If we had all the
time in the world, that is... ;-)

Seriously, though, the closer that we make the code bases, the easier it
will be for us to maintain.

-> richard