felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r604816 - /felix/trunk/main/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/main/Main.java
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:44:48 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:30:09 -0000
> cziegeler@apache.org wrote:
> Our coding style guide says that we do not list all imported packages after exceeding
a "readability limit"...I am not sure what the readability limit is, but for me in Eclipse
I set it to 3 references beforing going to "*"...does anyone know if it is possible to set
this limit in NetBeans?
> At any rate, do we need to be more specific in our coding style guide?
Yes :) This is something I wanted to address but totally forgot about
it. Sorry for first committing.

I think we should always list all imports - the readability limit is in
most cases more or less useless. If you import from a lot of packages it
doesn't help anyway (now we could argue if importing from a dozen
packages is a good thing, but thats a different story). And if you want
to see what a class is exactly using, a complete list of all imports is
much more helpful.

Modern ides can hide all imports in the editor anyway.

Carsten Ziegeler

View raw message