felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release of Maven SCR Plugin 1.0.0
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:07:06 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> In truth, I don't know what the actual rule is here. The library in question is
> Apache licensed code, so certainly there is little harm involved.
Exactly, now it would be nice if we had a complete notice file, but I
don't think that this is a hard requirement. From the legal point of
view, we have ensured that only libs with an Apache or Apache compatible
license are used.
In fact, this raises the question to me what we should do with
transitive dependencies? For now, we mention only the direct deps in
NOTICE and LICENSE (note that this is not tied to the scrplugin; I think
the other modules have similar problems).

So far, only Felix has voted with a -1 - Felix do you still think that
we should redo the release with the changed NOTICE file as a 1.0.1?

Carsten Ziegeler

View raw message