felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [FELIX] OBR tied to the BundleContext
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:36:20 GMT
Roshan,

I am not sure I understand the situation you are describing.

Adding a repository XML to repo admin will not be impacted by what
bundles are currently installed in the framework. OBR just maintains a
list of available bundles. If you try to install a bundle from a
repository, OBR's resolve process will look at what is installed locally
to make decisions about what it needs to download.

If a bundle is already installed, it should not download it again,
unless it determines that it needs a different version or something.

-> richard