felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:55:53 GMT
Peter

On a  very quick read thru this - tbh - it sounds like a bug/feature of
their OSGi implementation.

I'm 99% sure we use classloader getResource() calls under Felix, and the
felix classloaders correctly resolve them to bundle URL references which
can then be used in a normal way. Pretty sure you need the URL handler
feature enabled, since I think as Jason points out the URL returned has
a custom protocol type that the specific framework implementation needs
to handle.

A possible alternative may be for them to use getResourceAsStream() if
viable - since this will resolve the URL and open it for them.

Regards

-- Rob

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge