felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: OSGi TCK
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:10:19 GMT
Lucas Galfaso wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I am still working on getting Felix into Eclipse plugin projects so
> developers that work with Eclipse to develop OSGi bundles would feel
> at home, I have close to every bundle working with Felix as an
> extension point (one exception is the system bundle and I am not sure
> if this is possible to be developed as an Eclipse plugin.)

The system bundle is not really a bundle at all, it is the framework itself.

>   What I would like to do next, is to integrate the TCK, but there are
> some things maybe some of you might be able to answer
>   .) Did Apache lisenced the OSGi TCK?
>   .) There is an easy way to distribute this TCK?

The OSGi Alliance has defined some policy for allowing access to the TCK
to open source projects, but this still needs to be implemented for
Apache and Felix (i.e., there is some administrative work that needs to
be done, which I tried to start at one time but lost motivation). I need
to follow up on this. However, it will not provide for a way to
redistribute the TCK.

-> richard