felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: manual definition of a bundle manifest
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:30:56 GMT
On 26/10/2007, Stuart McCulloch <stuart.mcculloch@jayway.net> wrote:

> On 26/10/2007, Pierre Parrend <Pierre.Parrend@insa-lyon.fr> wrote:
> >

> >   Hello,
> >
> >   Is it possible to define a Manifest manually with the
> > maven-bundle-plugin ?
> > with the maven-osgi-plugin, there was the possibility to specify:
> > <manifestFile>src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile
>

> The Bnd tool which does most of the actual work can accept instructions
> from a manifest
> Just use the -include directive (as mentioned on http://aqute.biz/Code/Bnd
> ) or with maven:
>
>         <configuration>
>           <instructions>
>             <_include>src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</_include>
>           </instructions>
>         </configuration>

I've updated the wiki to mention this - btw, you can also mix includes with
other instructions, eg:

  <_include>src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</_include>
  <Export-Package>org.example.*</Export-Package>

useful if you want to enhance an existing (non-OSGi) manifest with
additional OSGi attributes.

and Bnd will use this manifest to assemble the contents of the bundle and

--
Cheers, Stuart