felix-dev mailing list archives

From "clement escoffier" <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-obr-plugin: Some questions
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:18:13 GMT

2007/9/22, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>:
> On Sep 22, 2007, at 2:54 , Stefano Lenzi wrote:
> >  - Should we keep the sandbox word in the package name? I think we
> > can rid of it.
> If my memory serves me well, I think we discussed this a while ago
> and concluded that all projects in the sandbox should also have the
> word sandbox in the package name.

I is the convention for sandbox projects. However, we can remove "sandbox"
as the project is no more in the sandbox.

>  - Why in the repository goal does the plugin look for obr.xml
> > file? Which is the difference between obr.xml and repository.xml?
> Probably, there is no difference. At least conceptually, an OBR
> compliant repository needs a file describing the (metadata of the)
> contents. This file is usually called repository.xml, but probably
> that is not a fixed name (correct me if I'm wrong, I did not re-read
> the RFC about OBR while replying).

There is a difference. The OBR.xml file is a file that each project an
contain. This file describes OBR-metadata of the project that are not
computed by bindex. As OBR is extensible, we need a file where describing
customized capabilities and requirements.

Greetings, Marcel