felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Alin Dreghiciu" <adreghi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OBR URL [Was: Maven-OBR-Plugin]
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:40:08 GMT
On 9/23/07, Stefano Lenzi <kismet@interfree.it> wrote:
> It's not the clement project which needs to be changed for you request,
> but the "bundlerepository" project (Look at
> RepositoryImpl.deploy(boolean):513), because the location of the bundle
> is provided by the bundlerepository.

I did imagine that :)

Finally, I think that would be useful to have a way to track where the
> bundle came from, but it also useful to have an URL which do not depend
> from the bundle-version so that make easy the update of the bundle.

The question is: how generic the url handler should be. The one that I was
thinking of as part of pax runner was a kind of url where you could express
your requirements for the kind of bundle you need. As more specific you get,
better the match. This kind of url could then be generated by RepositoryImpl
and specify only the symbolic name in the filter and then by update time
during resolving the url it could use as a strategy to get the latest
version of the bundle. But somehow this should be also customizable as not
always when I do want an update I want to get the newest bundle as a version
change could brake the api. Still, I do not have enough knowledge about the
whole process. But I will :) as long as I will work on the pax runner obr
handler, that only if you/felix guys will not implement the handler in an
OBR implementation independent way and packaged as a separate bundle.