felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: [Doubt] maven bundle plugin
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:23:30 GMT
On 21/09/2007, José Pacheco <jose-c-pacheco@criticalsoftware.com> wrote:

> >Hi José, can you try adding this instruction:
>
> >   <Import-Package>org.ow2.easybeans.osgi.ejbjar,*</Import-Package>
>
> >ie. explicitly import the package containing your Activator - it may well
> >be that this package is not referenced elsewhere, so isn't being found by
> >the Bnd code analyzer (make sure you keep the wildcard in import-package)
>
> I'm using <DynamicImport-Package>*</DynamicImport-Package> in the pom
> file.

this isn't about the OSGi framework - the Bnd tool used by the bundleplugin
is
expecting to see the activator package on the Bundle-Classpath (ie.
internally
inside the bundle) _or_ imported explicitly by the bundle.

this is a build-time check done by the Bnd tool to ensure it's a valid
bundle.

I've checked the jar file were the activator is and in the manifest.mf it is
> exporting the package I want. In OSGI environment, the package list of the
> bundle is also exporting the package.
>
> The suggestion you made I'd tried already but it still not working :(. The
> dependency in the pom is declared with scope "provided".

I'll need to see your POM to try and reproduce this issue, as by looking at
the code this should be working as expected - please either send it to me
directly, or raise an issue against the bundleplugin on JIRA

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX

Cheers,
> José Pacheco.
>
> --