felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: [Doubt] maven bundle plugin
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:28:55 GMT
On 21/09/2007, José Pacheco <jose-c-pacheco@criticalsoftware.com> wrote:
> The problem is that I want to use an Activator from a project dependency,
> and when I package the project the maven-bundle-plugin tries to find the
> activator in the classpath of the bundle and it isn't there. This
> dependency
> will be available in the OSGI environment at runtime, and therefore not
> packaged with the bundle.

yes, "runtime" scope dependencies are not in the classpath used to generate
the bundle, as they are not considered part of the Maven compilation

if you expect this dependency to be available in the OSGi environment then
should really mark it with "provided" scope, which is included in the

Cheers, Stuart