felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <kis...@interfree.it>
Subject Re: maven-bundle-plugin
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:42:28 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Clement Escoffier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>>
>>>  FELIX-219   Update maven-bundle-plugin to install bundles to a local
>>> OBR
>> We (in fact, Maxime Vincent) have developed an independent Maven
>> plugin installing bundles in a local OBR. This plugin is very close to
>> the Felix-219 patch. However, there is a difference in the OBR
>> metadata gathering. Our plugin merges Bindex, the pom file and a
>> customizable xml file (written by the developer) to compute these
>> metadata. Perhaps a common approach can be use inside the
>> maven-bundle-plugin.
>> More information on this plugin can be found at
>> http://clement.plop-plop.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=37

> Finally found time to read the documentation on this...this seems pretty
> good. It could definitely make it simpler for us to generate an OBR
> repository file for the bundles that we release...of course, we still
> need to define a real plan of action for this...this should work real
> nicely for Felix Commons too.
>
> Does everyone agree that this type of functionality should be part of
> the bundle plugin? Seems to be somewhat orthogonal, but having lots of
> little plugins probably doesn't make that much sense.

May be I'm getting screwed up, but the Clement & Maxime's plugin is part
of Felix codeline under the project named maven-obr-plugin and the
maven-obr-plugin was added to maven-bundle-plugin by means of the Plexus
components.xml file and pom.xml.

Am I missing something?

Are you speaking of something different?

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi