felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix-370 Integration
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:01:54 GMT
Stefano Lenzi wrote:
> Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>> On 20/09/2007, Stefano Lenzi <kismet@interfree.it> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm reposting the question because some of you may have missed the
>>> discussion arose on the thread:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@felix.apache.org/msg01584.html
>>>
>>> So if none disagree I'll work on the Felix-370 issue, or if you prefer
>>> we can ask for a VOTE.
>>

>> I agree with the aim - wrt. implementation do you expect any
>> bundle-plugin
>> changes
>> apart from updating components.xml to use the obr-plugin install and
>> deploy
>> goals?
>
> From my point of view the integration between the plugin requiresfive
> steps:
>
> A - Implement skip flag in the maven-obr-plugin for repository and
> deploy goal. I have already done that
>
> B - Move maven-obr-plugin to the trunk ( Do you think it's better if
> we move both maven-obr-plugin and maven-bundle-plugin inside the
> trunk/plugins folder?). Status -> TODO

No we should NOT move the plugins to a plugin directory. We are
explicitly NOT trying to create an ontology in our directory structure.
Our directory structure is simple, the trunk contains sub-projects. Each
sub-project directory may be further decomposed into further modules if
necessary for that sub-project. Trying to categorize everything is
futile and just leads to complications.

Since bundleplugin is a sub-project, it should have a directory in
trunk. If the obr plugin becomes part of bundleplugin, then it should be
moved to that sub-project, which may or may not require some
restructuring of bundleplugin. If is is a separate separate sub-project,
then it should be a separate directory in trunk.

-> richard