felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Anyone had issues with subsequent Framework creation & start in single Applet VM lifecycle
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:46:25 GMT
Hitting an odd scenario.

When I start my Applet based Felix it works fine first time.

But if I do a shutdown (by a stop() on Bundle 0) and then attempt to
create a new Felix instance and call start() on it, my startup seems to
freeze.

More specifically, I don't seem to get any bundle or framework start
events being fired.

If I use the Java Applet Console to clear the classloader cache (by
hitting 'x') - bingo - I can start a new framework.

This reminds me of other Applet VM cases where statics persisted across
Applet starts and messed up starting new/additional instances.

Wondering if anyone else has come across any issues with attempting to
create and start a new Felix instance in an existing VM, after a
previous Felix instance has been shutdown?

Wondering if I am missing some "golden rule" for the right way to start
multiple Felix instances within the lifespan of a single VM?

Regards

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com