felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Declarative Services and service.pid
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:15:51 GMT
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 05.09.2007, 16:31 +0200 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
>> Which is fine, I think - because if the configuration admin would
>> deliver the PID regardless if update() has been called, SCR would get
>> the PID always and does not need any additional logic.
>
> This is not possible: The ConfigurationAdmin returns a Configuration
> object, which has a method to access the PID (amongst others). The
> properties returned from the Configuration object must either bei null
> if the Configuration is new or must contain the PID (amongst others) if
> not new. So in our problematic case the PID cannot be delivered from the
> Configuration Admin.

Hmm, but as we are also using the metatype service, I thought by
specifying the metatype:Designate with the metatype:Object element
inside the metatype.xml, a configuration is created for the service.
Therefore the configuration should not be new. Or am I misreading the
spec here?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler